Saturday, December 22, 2012

BIGBANG Alive Tour London - about the VIPs and BIGBANG ( video )





For a long time , I had the idea for making a video dedicated to those BIGBANG fans ( VIPs ) who will come to the London concert .

This video was made both from the point of view of someone who is a fan of BIGBANG and also someone who is very interested in the way their music had cross over boundaries and reach out to so many different people.

I  was going to the concert on the 15th but I couldn’t bring my camera that day because I was afraid they won’t let me take it inside .
Therefore I went on the 14th and a friend of mine came with me to help . We arrived late , though . We were not sure where the place is and it was so cold but that didn’t stop us.

The only problem was that it was already too dark when we arrived. We were in a hurry and the security guys were not happy with us being there so we had to improvise and do all very quickly . My camera seemed to link to focus everything else but the faces of the people who we interviewed .  As a result , the video is not as I wanted it to be – the sound is bad and the picture is dark or unclear but I decided to edit it and post it because I really want to share the enthusiasm of those fans we met , with the world . ( and possibly with BIGBAN – please tweet it to them ! )

I was very curious to meet other BIGBANG fans! Of course most of the VIPs there were girls but more than a few fan boys could be spotted as well.

VIPs from Spain 
One can think that it was those Asians who had moved to Europe (or any other non-Asian country )  that brought kpop with them but this is not the whole story. Many people, me included , didn’t have any Asian friends at the time they discovered BIGBANG .
The internet made it much easier for all of us to search and find more that it was offered to us by the local entertainment media.
Not all people use the internet to discover things . Most of them just use it to share picture with friends or read about things that influence directly their lives. VIPs , however ,  are of those kind of people who like to discover ! They are curious people who won’t turn their back to something just because it appear different or strange but they would rather like it for that same reason. VIPs are more adventures and modern than they know it . As are all people who venture into discovering more than it is shown to them .

You may think it is strange for people to listen to music that is in Korean and therefore hard to understand. Well, English songs are not always easy to understand for Italian , French , Spanish , German , Indonesian , Chinese and other non-English speaking people . Even though more people have studied it , English is a foreign language the same way Korean is.
Many fans still don’t understand Korean but they read translation of the songs and try to learn some words and phrases. It doesn’t spoil the effect of the music and maybe even enhance it .

Although recently some journalists have compared BIGBANG to western pop bands such as One Direction ,  I think this kind of comparison is inaccurate . There is something special and alternative in most of BIGBANG fans , that you cannot always find in the people who are listening to the main-stream pop music in Europe or USA . In the same way, there is some very distinctive features about BIGBANG’s style , both in their fashion and music .
Although BIGBANG’s music is strongly influenced by the Western one, it has its own  interpretation of it. BIGBANG are very good entertainments, multi-talented people and I assume they have much more to show us in future .

I hope they come back to Europe again so that I can make another video about them , much better quality this time.

I would like to show that VIPs are not some obsessed screaming fangirls – they are very enthusiastic and passionate people , who love music and who are more open-minded and friendly than most of the people you have ever met .

If you are interested to read my full ( rather fan based ) review of BIGBANG’s concert –click here– 

Thank you for reading !



PS I feel very apologetic towards Seungri because we didn’t get the chance to interview some of his fans -  I only met them later when I didn’t have my camera ! I agree with those who say they don’t have a favourite member. In the end of the day we all love BIGBANG and we all love every BIGBANG member equally because they are all special in their own way.




No comments:

Post a Comment